- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England.
2. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.
3. But we all know what happened...
4. The Mexican people loved mayonnaise so much and this loss was so devastating that the Mexican people declared a National day of Mourning which happens every year on the day the shipment was supposed to arrive. This day is of course May 5th or more commonly known as Sinko de Mayo.
- REPLAY GALLERY
- Insane Facts You Didn't Know About the Titanic
- NEXT GALLERY
- 44 Kickass Pics To Get You Ready For The Weekend!